The technology behind Coval’s products is 21st Century innovation at its very best
Sure, it’s nano-based, but the real technology that sets Coval apart is that its coatings are not adhesive but covalently bond at a molecular level with the substrate. Even so, there is no point in being clever just for the sake of it. It is results that count and it is Coval’s covalent bonding system (with a little help from nano) which is the technology which delivers results.
So what are the advantages of Coval products?
- Many of the coatings, anti-graffiti, metal, concrete and vinyl and the sealers are one pot systems. Shake and open the can and get to work. This speeds up application and is good for the applicator and the client.
- The coatings are applied in a very fine layer. The anti-graffiti product, for example, is applied at a thickness of .5 -1.0 mils . Other graffiti protection coatings can be up to 3 mils. The thinness of the coat again speeds up application, is less obtrusive and, because it is so fine, a little goes a long way and the product is so much more cost-effective.
- The anti-graffiti coat can be cleaned over and over again with a natural non-toxic variety of mild cleaners . Clients will be able to easily clean their own graffiti thus avoiding expensive service fees. And the substrate won’t be damaged.
- All of the coatings are extremely durable. They have scored 39.11 on the ASTM Taber Abrasive test, 70-75 on the Rockwell Scale and 7-7.5 on the Mohs Scale. A diamond is 100 on the Rockwell Scale and 10 on the Mohs. This means the coatings have a higher resistance to usual wear and tear. Expect years of protection before re-application is required.
- All Coval Molecular Coatings are dry to the touch in 2-3 hours, dried through in 3-5 hours and fully cured in 7 days. The early drying time is particularly important in damp or unreliable climates – you don’t have to wait for a full day of fine weather to be able to effectively apply Coval products.
- The coatings will not degrade as a result of exposure to UV rays. They won’t stop UV rays getting to a paint coat below but they will significantly slow down its deterioration. It’s like putting sun-screen on your paint!
- All of the coatings are easy to maintain – soap and water and mild cleaners are all you need to keep Coval surfaces in pristine condition. This saves maintenance – imagine not having to polish the floors in supermarkets, malls and hospitals. And saving on maintenance means saving money.
- The coatings are water-proof, non-breathable coatings, all with less than 100g/Litre VOC so they are environmentally friendly.
- Coval sealers are so easy to apply.
- The Multi Purpose Sealer can be sprayed on using a garden sprayer or rolled on with a paint roller. Unlike other coatings which may take hours or even a day before you can apply a second coat, Multi Purpose can be reapplied in 10-15 minutes. There is no hanging round waiting for the product to cure or coming back the next day.
- The Multi Purpose sealer is water-based with Zero VOCs. It dries in 30 minutes.
- You can walk on Multi-Purpose Sealer as you are applying it. You won’t leave footprints. It won’t harm plants and soil.
- You can apply a second coat to Coval’s Quick Seal & Enhance in 2 minutes and it is fully cured in 5 minutes – so you can put down the floor coating while you put the champagne on ice. This is a hugely valuable coating for restaurants and bars –especially those whose re-fit has gone a little over time ….
- You can add a colored stain to Quick Seal and Enhance so you can stain and seal in one quick step.
- There is no need to strip the product before re-application.
- Coval Quick Seal and Enhance has less than 20g/Litre VOCs.
- The sealers are water-repellent, will not degrade in UV light and are a cost-effective way to protect historic buildings when it is important that they do not look “sealed”.
- Maintenance is easy and cost-effective with Coval sealers. Hose them down with water which will both repel and clean.
1. Easy to apply
2. Easy to maintain
4. Effective for longer
5. UV resistant
6. Low or Zero VOCs
AND BECAUSE THEY PERFORM SO BRILLIANTLY THEY WILL SAVE YOU MONEY –
On the product
On the application
THE REASONS YOU SHOULD CHOOSE COVAL ARE COMPELLING.